Jiawei Fan is a master stduent of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT), supervised by Meina Song. His research interests include computer vision and resource-constrained machine learning technology. He previously obtained first-class honorable degree at Queen Marry Univerity of London for bachelor. He has over 7 patents applications got granted, which have been used by NKRDP or real-world applications.
He also works at Intel Labs China as a research intern, supervised by Anbang Yao. He aims to construct novel distillation method to contribute to omni-scale high-performance intelligent vision systems. Before that, he was an intern at MEGVII and obtain outstanding intern as he design a high-performance parameter-free regulariziation method for action recognition.
- 2022.12: A first co-author paper on Video SSL has been accepted as an Best Paper Award Honorable Mentioned by ACCV 2022.
- 2022.07: A first author paper on high-performance parameter-free regulariziation method for action recognition has been accepted by ACM MM 2022 .
- 2022.03: A first author paper on few-shot learning has been accepted by ICPR 2022.
- 2021.05: Rank 7th in the 3rd Person in Context workshop in CVPR 2021.
- TCVM: Temporal Contrasting Video Montage Framework for Self-supervised Video Representation Learning, Fengrui Tian*, Jiawei Fan*, Xie Yu, Shaoyi Du, Meina Song, Yu Zhao, Proceedings of the Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV 2022). (Oral and Best Paper Award Honorable Mentioned)
- DTR: An Information Bottleneck Based Regularization Framework for Video Action Recognition, Jiawei Fan*, Yu Zhao*, Xie Yu, Lihua Ma, Junqi Liu, Fangqiu Yi, Boxun Li, Proceedings of the 30th ACM International Conference on Multimedia (ACM-MM 2022).
- Episodic Projection Network for Out-of-Distribution Detection in Few-shot Learning., Jiawei Fan, Zhonghong Ou, Xie Yu, Junwei Yang, Shigeng Wang, Xiaoyang Kang, Hongxing Zhang, Meina Song, 26th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2022).
- 2020.09 - 2023.04 (now), Master candidate at Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications.
- 2016.09 - 2020.06, Bachelor at Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications and Queen Marry University of London.
🎖 Honors and Awards
- 2022.12 Best Paper Honorable Mentioned in ACCV 2022.
- 2022.04 MEGVII Outstanding Interns.
- 2021.10 First Class Scholorship of 2021.
- 2021.05 Win 7th in the 3rd Person in Context workshop in CVPR 2021.
- 2021.01 First Prize in Graduate Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition.
- 2020.10 First Class Scholorship of 2020.
- 2020.06 BUPT Star of Youth. (10 students per year)
- 2020.02 M Prize in Mathematical Contest in Modeling.
- 2019.10 Tongding Enterprise Scholarship of 2019. (1 student per department)
- 2019.01 First Prize in Graduate Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition. (as an undergraduate student)
- 2018.10 Hengtong Enterprise Scholarship of 2018.
- 2017.10 National Encouragement Scholarship of 2017.
💬 Invited Talks
- 2022.07, An informal talk about his recent work - DTR for action recognition at Peking University.
- 2022.07 - 2023.04(now), Intel Labs, China. Research Intern, supervised by Anbang Yao.
- 2021.12 - 2022.07, MEGVII Inc, China. Research Intern, supervised by Yu Zhao.
- 2021.04 - 2021.10, Peking University, China. Visit Student, supervised by Yang Liu.
- 2019.09 - 2019.11, ByteDance Inc, China. Data Engineer Intern.